• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MS Programs nearby Richmond, VA

Friends,

I am planning to pursue a Part-time program in MS (Financial Quant). I live in Richmond, VA. Can you please let me if any universities (nearby Richmond, VA) are providing this course?

How about the online programs (such as Stevens or University of Washington etc)? I do not want to join in online programs, which are quite expensive. My budget is around 30K USD, for my MS Program. Does anyone suggest the CQF Certification? Can I get a job as Quant with CQF? I am having 10 yrs of experience in IT, but seriously interested in Quant field.

Thanks in advance!! Sorry if I have posted any questions which were answered in some other threads!!

According to Paul Willmott's last webinar, if you are not sponsored by any organization or company, they will help you find a job. If you find out anything else about the CQF, pls do share with us here.

Thanks Jayanthan. I was present in that seminar too...and I am almost tempted to go ahead with that. But hesitated because I am not sure if it really helps me to get a Job in Quant, because no references were made about the Job prospects after getting CQF. If we know at least some people (who were self sponsored) in CQF, who got jobs in Quant field, then we can confidently go with Paul's training.

If we know at least some people (who were self sponsored) in CQF, who got jobs in Quant field, then we can confidently go with Paul's training.
I haven't found anyone using CQF as alternative to MFE to break in. MFE graduates have a hard time finding internships and jobs so I would be curious to know what kind of career services promised to them by Paul, given that majority of them are taking it online. They have hundreds (or even thousands) of students each year so I have no idea how they would provide job services to all.

His claim is majority of them sponsored by company or another sort of organization. If that is the case, they won't do anything for you,but if you spend your money, they will HELP you. Nothing is guaranteed. I actually would like to find someone who actually break in to quant through them (cqf).

Thanks Andy. Do you suggest one to go for fulltime study? I am currently doing a Fulltime Job (and I do not want to leave this job). Do you have any idea, how much a person with MS QUANT qualification earns? What would be the starting pay and the growth ? I know that it depends on lot of factors, but want to compare my current situation, and calculate the Return on Investment. Thanks again!!

Back