• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MSc Mathematical Finance University of Manchester vs Financial Mathematics MSc University of Edinburgh/Heriot Watt University

Hello everyone,

So basically this is the question: Where do you think is a better choice to do this MSc, Manchester or Edinburgh? I course a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) and I search both: pure mathematics and good opportunities regarding a future job.

Thanks a lot.

I have only heard of Heriot Watt's actuarial science faculty. If this is a joint program between the university of Edinburgh and Heriot Watt, then I would recommend it over Manchester's program. I can't comment on the job prospects though.

I had an admit from Manchester but I would have skipped it for Edinburgh.

I have only heard of Heriot Watt's actuarial science faculty. If this is a joint program between the university of Edinburgh and Heriot Watt, then I would recommend it over Manchester's program. I can't comment on the job prospects though.

It is a joint program, yes. But, why would you recommend Heriot Watt??

Back