• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MSc Mathematics and Finance Imperial College -- Chances

I am currently in my second year of a three year course. I am studying BSc Mathematics at a top-ranked German university. At the moment I am sitting on a strong upper second. This is my first time using this thread, so I am just going to give it a go. I am thoroughly interested in the MSc Mathematics and Finance that Imperial College offers. I believe that studying at this institution will grant me deep insight into the world of quantitative finance. At this moment, I am studying BSc Mathematics at a reputable university in Germany (top-ranked in the country) and currently have a strong 2:1 (1.8 on a German scale) grade average. Furthermore, I have attended Spring Weeks (London) and Summer Internship (Frankfurt) in the Markets Division of Bulge Bracket Investment Banks. I will soon start research projects in the Mathematics department too. Given that I still have a year before I need to apply, how do my chances stack up at this moment? And what could I do to improve my chances?
Particularly people with experience of the programme, Imperial College or FinMath MSc's in general are welcomed to provide me with greater insight.
I have done my own research but could not come to a conclusive result as to what would be considered a strong candidate, particularly in terms of the grade average. I still have time to push my average to a First Class, but is it still possible with a strong second upper?
Thank you for your help.

I attend Imperial and I would advise getting your grades up. It is a competitive programme who will likely favour students who have first class degrees.

Back