• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MSCF CMU

I got 3 questions for the community concerning the MSCF program at CMU.

1. Is the joining semester only the Fall Semester starting August end or can it be the Spring Semester starting in January?

2. If students are able to join in any semester, then the course durations should be -
a. Fall Semester Entering Students - Aug end of that year to Dec middle next year
b. Spring Semester Entering Students - Jan mid of that year to May mid of next year

Am I correct?

3. What are the Application Deadlines if students are allowed to join in Spring Semester? I checked last year the Round 1 Application Deadline was Dec 10,2020. That ideally should be for the deadline for the Fall 2021 application. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I got 3 questions for the community concerning the MSCF program at CMU.

1. Is the joining semester only the Fall Semester starting August end or can it be the Spring Semester starting in January?
Yes
2. If students are able to join in any semester, then the course durations should be - See above
a. Fall Semester Entering Students - Aug end of that year to Dec middle next year <- this
b. Spring Semester Entering Students - Jan mid of that year to May mid of next year <- not a thing

Am I correct? Kinda

3. What are the Application Deadlines if students are allowed to join in Spring Semester? I checked last year the Round 1 Application Deadline was Dec 10,2020. That ideally should be for the deadline for the Fall 2021 application. Please correct me if I am wrong. wrong. no spring semester start.

Berkeley MFE has a march start date. I didn't apply for that reason, but probably should have. Super thrilled w/ CMU in any case.

Back