• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE MSFM@Chicago vs. MSOR@Columbia vs. FE@Cornell

I was kinda of excited for Cornell, and almost going to take that one, but after talking with someone from NYU, and he thinks Cornell's reputation in Wall St. isn't that good, graduating from Cornell is pretty much like graduating from an 'alright' university in the middle of nowhere?!?!?
Other than Columbia and Cornell, I would prefer Chicago, as I think Chicago dominates the City of Chicago and the midwest area, is that correct?
Any suggestions, please?

The guy doesn't know what he's talking about, make sure he's not trolling... Wall street is full of Cornellians (especially undergrads)... I talk with a different Cornell graduate in front office jobs almost everyday. A huge number of companies come to Ithaca to hire (even though this year was tough and they didn't hire many... but it holds for every school).
Just one statistic, GS had about 60 summer analyst interns last year and Cornell had the 2nd largest representation...

One of the strengths of Cornell is the alumni network...
Cornell is not Harvard, Stanford or UCB... but it's very respected on Wall Street. Of course it's a disadvantage to be in Ithaca, but if you want you can make this disadvantage meaningless.
I don't think everything is perfect... Cornell FE has it's flaws but it all depends on what you want to do after graduation and your background.

The guy doesn't know what he's talking about, make sure he's not trolling... Wall street is full of Cornellians (especially undergrads)... I talk with a different Cornell graduate in front office jobs almost everyday. A huge number of companies come to Ithaca to hire (even though this year was tough and they didn't hire many... but it holds for every school).
Just one statistic, GS had about 60 summer analyst interns last year and Cornell had the 2nd largest representation...

One of the strengths of Cornell is the alumni network...
Cornell is not Harvard, Stanford or UCB... but it's very respected on Wall Street. Of course it's a disadvantage to be in Ithaca, but if you want you can make this disadvantage meaningless.
I don't think everything is perfect... Cornell FE has it's flaws but it all depends on what you want to do after graduation and your background.
Thank you, roni ! I bet I have the idea where to go, appreciated :D

And thanks, Andy Nguyen that really helps!

Back