• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

My path to be a quant

Hello everyone.

This is my first thread in this forum. Let me introduce. I'm studying economics on Seville (Spain). That's the city where I've lived my whole life. Next year I will complete the 4 years bachelors degree. I've looking for a good MQF to start on fall 2013.

This summer, I going to achieve the Certificate of Advanced English. I can't program on C++ right now.

My first problem is: most of the programs I've found are insanely expensive. My family can't pay almost 30.000 pounds that cost any good master. There are a couple of MQF programs on Spain. I know that the spanish education have no internacional prestige but I can't see other options... Do you think that take the program in Spain will make me look unemployable? Other idea is work without master and save enough money to pay it by myself, but I see this un likely. Also I don't want to wait too much. I'm 21 years old now and I don't know how is consider the age in this job.

Well, too much text for a first post. I hope you can help me.
Your answers will be appreciated.

I would advise learning C++ or any marketable technical skills and become really good.
Then find a job and work for a few years to get experience and save money.
If you plan to join a graduate degree later, you will have a better motivation, enough saving and experience to succeed.

There are many inexpensive ways to learn C++. You can get the books from our reading list https://www.quantnet.com/forum/thre...uants-mfe-financial-engineering-students.535/
Or you can take an online C++ course like the one we offer here https://www.quantnet.com/forum/threads/faq-c-for-financial-engineering-online-course.7376/

Back