• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Need advice for MFE Preparation

I'm entering my senior year of college now and taking the following courses in the Fall:
Numerical Analysis, Investment Science, Introductory Econometrics , Mathematical Physics and Abstract Algebra 1

In the Spring, i'm taking:
Advanced Calculus 1, Financial Instrument Pricing, monte carlo simulation, advanced programming techniques

Math classes already taken: Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Multivariate Calculus, Intro Prob and stats, theory of interest, linear 1, linear 2, statistics, intro to proofs, differential equations,

Actuarial Exams: P, FM, MFE

Planning on applying to an MS Statistics program initially before MFE and concentrate on Time Series analysis and Financial Statistics

Besides having solid work experience which I plan to get before MFE, is there anything else you can suggest ?

I'm entering my senior year of college now and taking the following courses in the Fall:
Numerical Analysis, Investment Science, Introductory Econometrics , Mathematical Physics and Abstract Algebra 1

In the Spring, i'm taking:
Advanced Calculus 1, Financial Instrument Pricing, monte carlo simulation, advanced programming techniques

Math classes already taken: Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Multivariate Calculus, Intro Prob and stats, theory of interest, linear 1, linear 2, statistics, intro to proofs, differential equations,

Actuarial Exams: P, FM, MFE

Planning on applying to an MS Statistics program initially before MFE and concentrate on Time Series analysis and Financial Statistics

Besides having solid work experience which I plan to get before MFE, is there anything else you can suggest ?

Looks like you will come out with strong mathematics/statistics background... so if I were you I would concentrate on Object Oriented programming... like C++... you can start with some online courses...

Back