Need Advice on Career Shift to finance from IT

I have graduated in 2013 and since then I am working in SAP Basis Technology in an Indian IT firm. I have been trading in markets from more than 2 years infact I have started a micro hedge fund where I pooled money from friends and traded in markets by doing technical analysis (which I learnt on my own) and shared the profits. I have applied to many firms ranging from brokerage firm to Investment Bankings. I was only offered trade punching jobs or report writing which I am not interested in.

I am not interested in corporate finance or M&A jobs. I want to work in research / trading in Hedge funds/prop trading funds / IBs'. Even though I am a computer science graduate, I am little afraid to take MFE route as students admitted have sold backgrounds on math/programming background. Please suggest me whether I have to take MFE / MBA or do some cerifications like CFA/CQF/FRM (i know all are very different) and join some position in investment firm and find my out to desired domain.

Please suggest me what options I have as I have to start preperation accordingly. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have graduated in 2013 and since then I am working in SAP Basis Technology in an Indian IT firm. I have been trading in markets from more than 2 years infact I have started a micro hedge fund where I pooled money from friends and traded in markets by doing technical analysis (which I learnt on my own) and shared the profits. I have applied to many firms ranging from brokerage firm to Investment Bankings. I was only offered trade punching jobs or report writing which I am not interested in.

I am not interested in corporate finance or M&A jobs. I want to work in research / trading in Hedge funds/prop trading funds / IBs'. Even though I am a computer science graduate, I am little afraid to take MFE route as students admitted have sold backgrounds on math/programming background. Please suggest me whether I have to take MFE / MBA or do some cerifications like CFA/CQF/FRM (i know all are very different) and join some position in investment firm and find my out to desired domain.

Please suggest me what options I have as I have to start preperation accordingly. Thanks in advance for your help.
Keep doing what you are doing. You are already playing with other people's money.

Thanks Pingu but i wanted to take full time finance role and after some years of exposure and experience, I want to start my own Hedge fund.

The fact that you are unable to do a simple online search for career paths in the hedge fund industry shows that you are probably too dumb to work for a hedge fund, let alone starting your own.

Back