• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Need advice on MFE programs I have a shot at

Coming from a non-engineering and non-math degree, it is terrifying to see the number of math PhDs here but I just wanted to get a decent idea of where I stand and what might help.

Undergrad: BSc. Economics (Honours) at a relatively unknown university with slightly above average grades. Had decently heavy quant courses including Advanced Econometrics, Statistics, and Mathematics applied in an Economics background.
GRE: 170Q 166V (hoping that this keeps me in the running)
Experience: 2 years of experience at a financial services firm where my work consists of a lot of python based modelling and automation of workflows, also a 3 month operations research internship
Have also completed 2 levels of CFA, both in the 90th percentile
I've just started with the Quantnet C++ program and am aiming to wrap it up within a month or two, so that I can get back to building my Github with projects. Though I am proficient with Python, I dont have much coursework to back it up, which is why I'm hoping the Github will be helpful
Will be getting 2 academic and 1 professional LoR which I can be confident about

Need any form of advice on what to do to strengthen my profile for the Fall 2025 intake, and on what colleges I should ideally be aiming for

Thanks in advance!

If you aim to get into Baruch MFE and do everything needed to give it a best shot, you may not get into the program (6% acceptance rate) but will greatly improve your chance of getting into the other programs on your list.
Take C++: Check. Your 1-month goal seems ambitious but can be done. Many people with a CS degree say they learn more in this course than 2 semesters of college C++.
Take Baruch Pre-MFE courses. These are intensive but will be a good way to prepare you for the real MFE courses.
Take a look at the QuantNet Python course. You will get a discount once you complete the C++. It has a project that you can show off.
If you want to target QD roles, the advanced C++ course is the logical next step.
Take some math courses to meet the admission requirements. This can be done at your local community college for credit. This can be done inexpensively.
Prepare for interviews: books, options course, interview preps, application review, etc.

This is not a comprehensive list but gives you some idea of the steps involved. If there is not enough time, you can plan for Fall 2026.
Aim for the best program you can get in, do not settle for anything less and handicap your career for a long time.

Best of luck and enjoy your journey in the C++ course. You are not alone there.

Hard to tell. I would say apply to the programs you are most likely to attend. Don't apply to safety programs.
Make a list based on tuition, placement, location, job profiles that fit your preferences.
I'm hoping to unveil the new Tracker tool where you can calculate your chance of admission based on historical data (GPA/GRE/etc).
I think Fall 2025 will be very competitive as we have a new wave of students from India joining the field.

Back