Never come to Toronto MMF program. From a graduate of that program

That program really sucks...

We have already regretted....

You do not want to be the next one..

Can you or your classmate provide some more details? Also, what's your thought on the Waterloo MQF program?

That program really sucks...

We have already regretted....

You do not want to be the next one..

And I believe you. The problem is that the overwhelming majority of the "student reviews" written for these bullshit second-rate programs are fakes.

And I believe you. The problem is that the overwhelming majority of the "student reviews" written for these bullshit second-rate programs are fakes.
what's the best way to cross information about a particular program when you are an international student? I chose to travel and see them myself but not everyone has the ability to do so.

Could you please tell us why is it such a bad program? I'm about to give the first deposit for this program but I really don't want to do it if it is as bad as you are saying.

Why is it bad? Is it the quality of teaching? Or that everything is wrapped up in only one year? Or the level of the courses aren't up to someone who wants to be a quant?

Please I believe we need some more detail and not just a random review of someone saying the program sucks.

The overwhelming positive reviews of Toronto program were flooded in as a damage control after a similar rant last year. Mfe is pretty much top 7 or bust if u wana maximize ur odds of landing a legit quant related job...

what's the best way to cross information about a particular program when you are an international student? I chose to travel and see them myself but not everyone has the ability to do so.

There's the rub: the only thing an international (or even local) student has to go by is the online reviews. It's not just the MFE programs engaging in churning out fake reviews, it's also the law and MBA programs. All these are designed to make money for their departments/universities and so the incentive to lie is great.

Some unbiased comments:
The MMF program wasn't on my list at the beginning, until last summer I interned at a famous Canadian buy side, and I was surprised by the number of front office analysts, associates and PMs who graduated from the program. If you're ready for the cold weather in Canada then it's the choice.

What is the percentage of students getting front office jobs? Ask this question.

Anyway, it is your choice. Maybe you will end up a better placement than many of us. I wish you good luck.

The program has been getting worse and worse.

What is the percentage of students getting front office jobs? Ask this question.

Anyway, it is your choice. Maybe you will end up a better placement than many of us. I wish you good luck.

The program has been getting worse and worse.
The program has 5 stars average from 4 reviews. We need some more comprehensive reviews that applicants can read both pro/cons in the program to make an informed decision.
I hope you realize the importance of your input via a review and why I keep asking (begging) members to do so.

Well, for your own benefit, it is never wise to write a bad review for your own program. If you are already in a program that you think wasted your time, then it becomes your sunk cost, which doesn't matter to you in the future. What you want to do is maximize your benefits in the future for your own good by improving yourself in other ways. Write a bad review certainly wont help at all. I am in a top 5 program according to this ranking, and this program is way below my expectation, but the least thing I want to do is to write a negative review about it, because I still want it to be favorable by potential employers.

Nowadays, most jobs are in risk management. Thus, most students should expect to get a risk management job and not a FO job. This is especially true when you are not in a top tier program.

Back