• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New Quant Podcast!

Hi QuantNet!

You have a new place to learn about the big world of quant finance: my new podcast, Explicable.

My name is Craig Epstein, I'm currently a student at CMU's MSCF. In this podcast, we'll explore economics and quantitative finance. At the heart of these disciplines are human nature, behavior, and incentives. So while I plan on hosting interviews centered around economics and finance, sometimes I may also take a detour into a topic only tangentially related. I hope that these conversations will be equally as valuable to you.

Enjoy the first episode: Entering the World of Quant Finance with Rohit and Cindy. You'll hear from Cindy and Rohit, two of my classmates in the MS in Computational Finance at Carnegie Mellon University. They describe their academic and professional backgrounds, what drew them to quant finance, their upcoming summer internships, and more.

And the second: Journey to Quant and Applying to MFEs with Vineeth. Vineeth tells us about his journey through physics, math, and insurance that led him to quantitative finance. You'll hear about the skills you need to develop to become a quant, and about how Vineeth made himself stand out from the competition when applying to grad school.

Be sure to follow the podcast (hosted on Spotify) to stay up to date with new episodes:)

Thanks for listening!
Craig

Here's a link: Explicable

Nicely done, Craig. I especially enjoyed Ep 2 with Vineeth and his experience with the MFE application journey, taking the QuantNet C++ course as well as the pre-MFE courses at Baruch.
I'd love to hear more of these stories from CMU students members here to hear their experiences and what advice they have for future applicants.
Maybe @marcusaurelius next?

Last edited:
Nicely done, Craig. I especially enjoyed Ep 2 with Vineeth and his experience with the MFE application journey, taking the QuantNet C++ course as well as the pre-MFE courses at Baruch.
I'd love to hear more of these stories from CMU students members here to hear their experiences and what advice they have for future applicants.
Maybe @marcusaurelius next?
I’m really glad you enjoyed it Andy! @marcusaurelius let’s do it!

Back