• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE NYU-Poly vs BU

Hi,
If its a choice between Nyu Poly and BU then which one is better?
Rankings is almost same but Nyu-Poly being in New York has an advantage over BU?

I think its fairly obvious. They do not have any known faculty except 1 guy and the decent ones have left over the last 4 years. The class size is too big making it hard for you to get some sort of personal attention from Career Services. You almost surely will end up as one doc in a pile of resumes for any position that comes that is remotely related. The Director of the program is not serious about it. He literally diverted one of the questions from his students on job search in a really juvenile sort of a way. I don't blame him! He had nothing serious to say to save his face! The cost of the program is too high given all of these shortcomings and I'm not sure if they teach you the programming aspect of FE really well. The courses seem to be like superficial MBA courses.

BU (solid second tier research university) in general is a much highly regarded university than NYU - Poly.

I therefore feel BU is much better of a program and will at least provide you with a legit shot at some of the positions that come your way. Also, BU is not that far from NYC and there are quite a few number of hedge funds around the Boston area.

The differences between these two programs: class size, career service, reputation, curriculum
Obviously, vote for BU~

Hi, If its a choice between Nyu Poly and BU then which one is better? Rankings is almost same but Nyu-Poly being in New York has an advantage over BU?

1. Did you get any scholarship from NYU-Poly? Does BU offer any scholarships?
2. Ask current students/ profs if the career services have improved after merger with NYU?

Back