• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

On Salary Surveys

I happened to look at salary surveys by Robert Walters, and wanted to share with the folks in this forum on what you guys thought about it. At least based on this survey, looking at roles in Risk (esp Market Risk), I see US pay is quite good, while UK not so much.
Do you think it makes sense? What do you know the numbers to be like if you have some insight into it?

http://www.robertwalters-usa.com/career-advice/salary-survey.html

Excerpt:

Below are figures for Market Risk roles in US. Other risk roles in Credit risk or Quantitative risk follow closely.

MD: USD 500k-1.25mm
Director: $250-500k
VP: 175-250k
Associate: 100-150k

In UK though, we have below comp for Market Risk.

10+ y exp: GBP 110-140k
7-10y exp: 80-110k
etc.

Not sure why there's a big gap between UK and US figures though...
MD/Dir should all fall under 10yr+ experience in UK which for this survey caps at GBP 140k. I am wanting to assume this is an error...

Back