• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Option with additional condition

Hi guys, I can’t find any information about such type of exotic (?) options.

May be you can give me some advice.

Suppose, I have a contract with the following parameters:

• OTC European call option with maturity 31 December 2022
  • Underlying is 10% of Company A shares (so I have the right to buy some shares)
  • Spot price S and strike price K of Company A shares are known
  • Option can be exercised only if:
    • Condition A: Company A IPO has not occurred prior to 31 December 2022, and
    • Condition B: another event B happens before the maturity date.
  • Conditions A and B are not connected with the price of the underlying, nor with some type of a barrier.
  • Probabilities of Conditions A and B are far from 100%. Suppose, the Probability(A) = 20%, Probability(B)=30%. So Conditions A and B can not be ignored and are significant for exercising of the option.
If there were no Conditions A and B, I would have a simple Vanilla European Option. I could use Black-Scholes formula for pricing such an option and have FairValue(Call).

But how can I work with two additional Conditions A and B? Is the fair value of the structure equal to FairValue(Call)*Propability(A)*Probability(B)?

Seriously, I have never seen such a contract before and I do not know what to do. >_<

How can I price fair value of such an instrument?

Are there some standards that mention multiplication of derivative fair value and the probability of exercise?

I would really appreciate ANY ideas about derivatives with additional conditions.

Thank you!!

Back