• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Organising a mock trading session this weekend

Hi QuantNet Community,

What is it: I am organising a mock trading game to introduce a mock trading game using a set of cards. The game is designed to evaluate market making abilities, risk taking and risk management skills. It would also provide an insight into the day-to-day life of a trader/market maker in the industry. I have designed the game based on my real life experience working at firms both on the buy and sell side and also by being a part of the interview process.

Who Am I: I am a quant, mainly focused in Commodities. I have spent 7+ years working in one of the top 5 sell-side firms across New York and London. I am now working for multi billion dollar hedge fund for the last couple of years. I chose my MFE program based on recommendations/rankings from QuantNet.

About My Company: A multi billion $ hedge fund trading across various asset classes and horizons.

Why Am I doing this: I have had many mentees reach out to me for guidance with interviews/CV prep/generic questions about the industry. There is generally a perceived lack of information on how to be better prepared to get good universities/internships/full time jobs. There is a also a lot of opacity on how the different roles in the industry work and what is done on a day-to-day basisThought this would be my opportunity to give back to the Quantnet community.

Registration Link:

Hi QuantNet Community,

What is it: I am organising a mock trading game to introduce a mock trading game using a set of cards. The game is designed to evaluate market making abilities, risk taking and risk management skills. It would also provide an insight into the day-to-day life of a trader/market maker in the industry. I have designed the game based on my real life experience working at firms both on the buy and sell side and also by being a part of the interview process.

Who Am I: I am a quant, mainly focused in Commodities. I have spent 7+ years working in one of the top 5 sell-side firms across New York and London. I am now working for multi billion dollar hedge fund for the last couple of years. I chose my MFE program based on recommendations/rankings from QuantNet.

About My Company: A multi billion $ hedge fund trading across various asset classes and horizons.

Why Am I doing this: I have had many mentees reach out to me for guidance with interviews/CV prep/generic questions about the industry. There is generally a perceived lack of information on how to be better prepared to get good universities/internships/full time jobs. There is a also a lot of opacity on how the different roles in the industry work and what is done on a day-to-day basisThought this would be my opportunity to give back to the Quantnet community.

Registration Link:
The date on the site says saturday November 2nd, is it supposed to be December 2nd?

Hi QuantNet Community,

Registration Link:
Would you ever plan on doing another one? I’d like to join, but have a wedding in Dec 2, so can’t join this one.

Hi QuantNet Community,

Registration Link:
Hey, this seems extremely exciting and I'd like to thank you for organizing an insightful session like this one. Unfortunately, I am not able to join this for $100 due to simple reasons of being a college student. Is there a way I can join another one of these sessions?

Hi QuantNet Community,

Registration Link:
Hey hi, by what time shall we get the invites? Assuming the event is tomorrow.

Hey, this seems extremely exciting and I'd like to thank you for organizing an insightful session like this one. Unfortunately, I am not able to join this for $100 due to simple reasons of being a college student. Is there a way I can join another one of these sessions?
Sent you a DM

Back