• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Oxford MCF and Columbia MAFN

Hi I was wondering what’s everyone’s thought on this, I have received an offer from both Oxford MCF and Columbia MAFN. I’m very stuck with deciding between these 2 program. I know for Columbia the career support has been getting better, and as for Oxford it is known for the quantitative learning but it seems like there isn’t much career support especially how the program is only 10 months. Could someone give an input?

If you want to work in the US vs the UK probably factors pretty significantly into this comparison

I’m actually open for both places, more importantly it’s the quality of the program and the career service

I'm biased bc I've been in NYC for the last few years and am planning to accept my MAFN offer, but I vote US over UK. better long term prospects in my opinion.

Oxford unless you want to work in US

Last edited:
Hey sorry wrong tag @abeeqt … supposed to be @ajjjw
yea i got into chicago and MAFN. Definitely understand that choosing MAFN over chicago is an uncommon choice on here, but i’m in a bit of unique situation. i’m planning to do MAFN part time while continuing to work at frbny. I wanted a more theoretical program as I code daily at work.

Interested to see you say MAFN plays second fiddle. Just from my linkedin stalking, doesn’t seem like CU MFE places THAT much better. Average rank of the program since 2020 is 7. would like to know if you think the difference in marginal or if there’s really that steep of a difference in reputation on the street?

Last edited:
Have you done a MFE and successfully transferred into industry or are you an applicant like me?

That’s a great choice with the PT flexibility.

I won’t comment much on the prog as you can talk to existing students / alumni. But just know IEOR - MFE, MSOR (FE), MSFE (finance PhD courses heavy which are mathematical), MA Stats and ofc UG from IEOR. The placements and employment rates are higher (even based on QN data, else check the schools’s websites if provided). As I alluded to, stiff competition alr within CU

I’m a quant trader

That’s a great choice with the PT flexibility.

I won’t comment much on the prog as you can talk to existing students / alumni. But just know IEOR - MFE, MSOR (FE), MSFE (finance PhD courses heavy which are mathematical), MA Stats and ofc UG from IEOR. The placements and employment rates are higher (even based on QN data, else check the schools’s websites if provided). As I alluded to, stiff competition alr within CU

I’m a quant trader
really appreciate the input. if i was a fresh out of undergrad student i would definitely opt for chicago. Tons of competition between all the NYC programs forsure, but i’m confident that i’ll make the most out of the program. cheers!

Back