COMPARE Oxford vs CMU, Columbia and other top US programs

when considering a program, you should ask yourself first: what are the things (curriculum, brand, internship/first job assistance from the university, research opportunity, location etc... ) that matter to you?
by just thinking about those variables you should be able to get an idea.

when considering a program, you should ask yourself first: what are the things (curriculum, brand, internship/first job assistance from the university, research opportunity, location etc... ) that matter to you?
by just thinking about those variables you should be able to get an idea.
Thank you.
Brand - Oxford (Ivy League version of British) is as good as top tier universities in USA
Research opportunity is good at Oxford. I have no knowldge to weigh again american universities
Internship - no internship at Oxford, straight 12 month program
Job assistance - I have no information whatt Oxford is up to.

Curriculum - I would be happy if some experienced quant explain how relevant their curriculum to the current quantitative job opportunities

If you want to work in the US, study in the US.
If you want to work in the UK, study in the UK.

Coursework @ Oxford compared to say CMU is very similar.
Of course there is no job search assistance in UK universities. In contrast, good US programs have lots of recruiting events where they hold interviews on campus and you have access to a lot of alumni.

Having studied in this program and meeting with other people from US MFE programs, I'd say US schools (e.g. NYU/CMU) are better for finding work while Oxford offers better value since you only study 1yr vs. 2yr. If you haven't had an internship before, then go study in the US because previous work experience is the most important factor in securing full time employment.

Back