• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Pacing & Complexity of the Course

Hi, I am contemplating to enrol for the course this summer.
I was wondering that is it possible for a person who has no experience in c++ but experienced in python be able to pass the course in 5-6 weeks of preparation where it is the only sole focus?Is the complexity of c++ course as such?

I was wondering that is it possible for a person who has no experience in c++ but experienced in python be able to pass the course in 5-6 weeks of preparation where it is the only sole focus?Is the complexity of c++ course as such?
Yes, it should be possible given intense focus during that timeframe

Hi, this response is very late, but I have a similar background. Prior to starting the course I had experience using Python and had an Intro to CS course mainly focused on C, however, I primarily forgot its contents. I am currently 'speed running' the course this summer and so far I'd say it's highly doable, especially with the fast TA help/grading response time. One thing I would suggest if trying to complete the course quickly is purchasing one of the suggested books on C++ and I personally play the videos at 1.75x speed as I find it more efficient to gain a general understanding of the info and work out the kinks while completing the exercises.

Hi, this response is very late, but I have a similar background. Prior to starting the course I had experience using Python and had an Intro to CS course mainly focused on C, however, I primarily forgot its contents. I am currently 'speed running' the course this summer and so far I'd say it's highly doable, especially with the fast TA help/grading response time. One thing I would suggest if trying to complete the course quickly is purchasing one of the suggested books on C++ and I personally play the videos at 1.75x speed as I find it more efficient to gain a general understanding of the info and work out the kinks while completing the exercises.
Thanks for your insight, will take it into consideration.

Hey, how were you able to change the playback speed for the lecture videos?

Bottom right.

1685914297977.png

Back