• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Plan to apply to Columbia MFE with poor maths grades

Ann

Hi everyone
I am a final year student B.Tech from IIT. I am about to graduate in 2 months. I took course in modeling and simulation and financial management and now i am seeking a career in this field.
I took GRE and scored 1520, 800 quant. My overall gpa is 8.0. The thing is that i performed badly in my math classes in my 1st year. This will weaken my application. Although i am serious about my career now and am even willing to take a GRE subject maths test. I am also planning to do a corrospondance course in college maths. But the reults of this course will be declared after the deadlines of Columbia.

What should i do, to increase my chances.

Use your SoP to explain the situation best.

Back