• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Please suggest best college

Hi All,

I have secured admits from
1) Stevens for MFE
2) Brandeis for Quant MSF
3) Suny Buffalo for Quant MSF

WAITLIST: Fordham and Maryland

Kindly suggest best school considering all aspects like job support, job opportunities, program and college/program recognition.

TIA

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks; when checked on linkedin not many have got job in NY or Boston in any big financial institutions who graduated from Stevens. But Brandeis and Suny Buffalo graduates have been placed in top banks and FS in east coast.

Let me know if you have seen things otherwise!

Hi,

Thanks; when checked on linkedin not many have got job in NY or Boston in any big financial institutions who graduated from Stevens. But Brandeis and Suny Buffalo graduates have been placed in top banks and FS in east coast.

I’ve never even heard of buffalo or Brandeis having a quant program. Stevens is better. If I were you I would apply to stony Brook and some other lower tier ones listed on the 2019 rankings.

Hi,

Stevens has a great program. It has a locational advantage and the curriculum is really good. Their career service is also pretty decent and I think it would be better to go there. I got into Columbia but the program director called me himself when I didn't accept the admit, I'm not sure many schools will do that. This shows the commitment and dedication of the people behind it.

Great, thanks for your thoughts!
Stevens has a great program. It has a locational advantage and the curriculum is really good. Their career service is also pretty decent and I think it would be better to go there. I got into Columbia but the program director called me himself when I didn't accept the admit, I'm not sure many schools will do that. This shows the commitment and dedication of the people behind it.

Back