• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Pre-Masters Diploma in Mathematics (Leicester)

Hello world!

I am new member of quantnet :)

I have a question about the Pre-Masters Diploma in Mathematics (university of Leicester).
http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/ma...-study/msc/pre-masters-diploma-in-mathematics

I would like to know what you think about this program.
Maybe, I plan to do that one like a preparation for improving my mathematics, computing and english skills in order to have solid basis for EPFL (in Switzerland) for its MFE program.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

As BBW noted, it's not particularly anything advanced, but it also depends on your current background. Given your current math background, do you find these courses will teach you a lot of stuff that you don't know already? Sharing your profile might help here.

Thank you for the answers.
I have a BSc in Economics and Finance.
In the website, there are only general headings and I would have liked more details.
But maybe you are right...

at least on paper, it offers the sort of courses needed as requirements for bigger schools.
An alternative would be to take more courses at UC Berkeley where Ive done CS and Math before.

Interested in other opinions on bridging courses and the best approach.

Back