• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation for MFE 2025

I am a prospective MFE applicant from India, planning to enroll in Fall 2025. Before submitting my application, I am seeking advice on target schools and whether they align with my background and goals. I have reviewed profiles on Tracker and LinkedIn, but would appreciate a second opinion to ensure I’m on the right track.

Education:
  • B.Tech in Computer Science from National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), 2023 (Tier 1 college in India) GPA: 8.15/10
  • Relevant Courses: Engineering Mathematics, Linear Algebra and Matrices, Probability Theory, and Applied Machine Learning, with an average of a grade 9/10 in the math courses.
Skills:
  • Proficient in Python, C++, SQL, and machine learning models.
  • Actively trading for the past 2-3 years, with a focus on quantitative strategies.
Internship/Work Experience:
  • 1.5 years as a Software Engineer at Nutanix, focusing on backend systems and scalable infrastructure.
  • Summer Analyst at Goldman Sachs, worked on refactoring the cards division.
  • Junior Machine Learning Engineer at Omdena, worked on collaborative AI projects.
Additional Experience:
  • Hackathon participation (HackVerse, Code For Good).
  • Finance-related work at an NGO, managing chapter finances since past 3 years.
Standardized Scores:
  • GMAT Focus: 695 (98th percentile). Q95 V76 DI96
  • TOEFL: Planning to take.
Target Schools:
  1. UC Berkeley MFE
  2. CMU MSCF
  3. Columbia MSFE
  4. Georgia Tech QCF
  5. Cornell CFEM
  6. UCLA MFE
  7. Oxford FinMath
  8. EPFL MFE
I hope my list is well-balanced, but if there are other schools that might align with my background, please do suggest. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time and help!

Back