• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation for MFE Fall 2025

Greetings!

I am a prospective MFE applicant from China, planning to enroll in the Fall of 2025. Before submitting my application materials, I am seeking some advice on target schools, particularly whether the ones I have chosen align with my background and career goals. (I have already reviewed the backgrounds of candidates on Tracker and LinkedIn, and I would like to do a double check to ensure everything is in order.:))

Education: Ranked 12th among finance and economics universities in China (not 985, 211->not top comprehensive universities in China), gpa 3.69/4.0
Standardized Score: TOEFL 105, GRE 324 (Q=170)
Skills: Python/C++/SQL/R
Relevant Course:
Finance&Economics (Most are A but several courses): Fixed Income Analysis, International Financial Management, Security Investment Analysis, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Econometrics (B+), Financial Statement Analysis(B-), and other basic economic and finance course finished with A.
Math&Statistics (All are A): Calculus I&II, Linear Algebra, Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics, Statistics, Multivariate Statistical Analysis, Time Series Analysis
Programming&ML (All are A): Python for Financial Data Analysis and Application, Investment and Experiment Based on R, Data Mining&Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence(Deep Learning) (A), and other intro courses finished with A
Internship:
1year+ alpha researcher start from the summer between sophomore and junior years.​
Buy-side (3months) -> Sell-side (5m) -> Buy-side (6m until now, my offer is renewed to next year.)​
Part-time @a famous hedge fund, Remote alpha researcher, Mainland China core consultant, focusing on USA, EUR, KOR and other countries and regions​
Addition:
Baruch Pre-MFE: C++(Distinction), SQL(Distinction), ACFE (Distinction), NLA, Advanced C++(will start in 2 days)​
UChicago Summer Session: Quantitative Portfolio Management and Algorithmic Tradings 4.0/4.0​
CQF, completed an option-hedging essay with a score of 91/100​
MIT MicroMaster: Statistics and Data Science (four courses with 90+/100)​

My criteria for selecting schools are the alignment with my background and the availability of hard-core courses.
1. UChicago MSFM
2. NYU MFE
3. GT QCF
4. CU MAFN
5. Cornell MSFE
(not in any particular order.)

I hope my target list does not appear overly ambitious. But if there are any additional schools that might be a good fit, please let me know.

If you have any suggestions or experiences to share, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your assistance!;)

Back