• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile evaluation for Quant Program 2025

• Thread starter Thread starter quantpr
  • Start date Start date
I would greatly appreciate any advice on my chances of being accepted into a top 10 quantitative finance program.

I am currently pursuing a Master’s in Economics (GPA: 3.95), along with a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Economics, and Mathematics (GPA: 3.88) from a US (Top 30) school, and I will graduate in June 2025. My academic focus includes PhD-level coursework in Statistical Machine Learning, Financial Econometrics, and Applied Time Series Analysis, as well as graduate-level studies in Game Theory, Optimization Methods, and Advanced Regression. Additionally, I have experience as a Teaching Fellow and Guest Lecturer in Operations Research and Theory of Computation.

In terms of industry experience, I completed a Software Engineering internship during the summer after my freshman year, where I developed a web-based algorithm visualization tool.

My research experience spans several high-impact projects. During the summer of my 3rd year, I worked on an NIH-funded project focused on cancer detection using machine learning, where I’ve implemented various classification algorithms. I have also contributed to asset pricing research, developing statistical tools for comparing financial models and using machine learning to improve return predictions. Currently I am working on applying computer vision techniques to analyze urbanization patterns in economic development research.

My GRE score is 329 (Quantitative: 165, Verbal: 164), and I expect strong letters of recommendation from the professors I’ve worked with. However, I do not have a third-year internship.

Any feedback or guidance you can provide would be invaluable as I prepare my applications.

Thanks a lot for the input. Lots of programs have either made GRE not required or optional. Do we reduce our chances if we do not submit the scores ? Also, will not having a corporate internship ( quant related) reduce the chances ?

Back