• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation MFE?

Hi, I'm currently applying for MFE programs and am getting quite nervous about the process. Background about me: I'm a 2022 grad in Computer Science with a minor in math from a target school in the US (non ivy). I was involved in extracurriculars like Undergraduate women in business, Women in Computing, etc during undergrad and I currently work as a Software Engineer within finance. My GPA was OK -- 3.5 -- but I do have experience for the last 14+ months as a full time SWE in finance, did SWE internship, and did a program where I TA'ed high school computer science students.
Is there anything you'd recommend I focus on in my applications? Is getting into any MFin, MFE, or Math Finance program completely out of the question especially given my GPA? I'm taking the GRE in the next few weeks, but it seems like a lot of schools either don't take it or have their own test.

Some notable courses I've taken: Calc I-III, Linear Algebra, Probability, Analysis, Discrete, Mathematics of Finance, Numerical Computing, OS, Data Structures/Algorithms
Programs I'm applying to (mostly reaches because I just figured why not lol): CMU Computational Finance, Baruch MFE, NYU Math of Finance, Princeton MFin, MIT MFin, Columbia MFE, Cornell MFE, Oxford Mathematical/Computational Finance, and LSE Financial Mathematics

Last edited:
Back