• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Review/Beefing up my application

I'm looking to apply to Baruch, Princeton, UC Berkeley and few others for an MSFE either in the Fall '24 or '25 depending on how my application fares.

I am 2022 grad from an NIT (tier-1 college in India) with a major in Computer Science major and a minor in Management. I have a CGPA of 7.71 on 10; and have completed most pre-requisites I can find (like multi-variate calculus, linear algebra, probability and coding with C++ as well) as part of my undergrad itself. I currently work as a developer in the capital markets division of a major US-based bank.

I haven't given my GRE yet, but I'm still prepping for it. My questions are:
1) Some of my grades for the math pre-requisites are not the strongest (ranging at a 6/10); is there anyway I can show more proficiency in it now?
2) Besides work, I don't have much to show on the finance aspect of things, how do I beef up my application there?
3) Should I be doing projects in the space to boost up my applications?
4) What chances do I stand at my current standing and what else can I do to better odds?

I'm looking to apply to Baruch, Princeton, UC Berkeley and few others for an MSFE either in the Fall '24 or '25 depending on how my application fares.

I am 2022 grad from an NIT (tier-1 college in India) with a major in Computer Science major and a minor in Management. I have a CGPA of 7.71 on 10; and have completed most pre-requisites I can find (like multi-variate calculus, linear algebra, probability and coding with C++ as well) as part of my undergrad itself. I currently work as a developer in the capital markets division of a major US-based bank.

I haven't given my GRE yet, but I'm still prepping for it. My questions are:
1) Some of my grades for the math pre-requisites are not the strongest (ranging at a 6/10); is there anyway I can show more proficiency in it now?
2) Besides work, I don't have much to show on the finance aspect of things, how do I beef up my application there?
3) Should I be doing projects in the space to boost up my applications?
4) What chances do I stand at my current standing and what else can I do to better odds?
Would you please let me know how you do 🙏 i am Going to nit in 2024

Back