Programming Courses

I am finance major with no background in computer programming. Should I take python & C++ courses from MOOC platform (Coursera & Edx) or from accredited university when applying to financial engineering program. Which University offers such courses?

Thanks you, what would you say about Baruch's certificate in C++. Is it a deal breaker for universities when you have certificate from MOOC rather than accredited university?

Thanks you, what would you say about Baruch's certificate in C++. Is it a deal breaker for universities when you have certificate from MOOC rather than accredited university?
Highly unlikely that specific thing will be a deciding factor in general. I'd do both if you can eventually. Baruch's course will help you a lot in future interviews and work in addition to school work.

The C++ courses here are far harder than anything you will ever learn in college or MOOC. It is a reason why many top MFE programs require conditionally admitted applicants to complete the QuantNet C++ course as part of admission requirement.

Back