• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

QUANT RISK INTERVIEW PREP

Im trying to prepare for a Quant risk Internship interview at a very large hedgefund in the next week.

Im doing a masters in AI,I have done a module on Statistics, but it is not anything finance related.

What do you suggest is the best way to prepare? I was listening to Ptrck Boyle who suggested to perhaps come there with a risk model of your own, but I dont think i have the time to create anything of substance.
Should I read any stats books, Will they ask me to solve a black scholes merton? Are differential equations or matricies coming up. For context this interview is with their head of quant risk

Thank you

Last edited:
How long do you have?

Will they ask me to solve a black scholes model ? Are differential equations or matricies coming up. For context this interview is with their head of quant risk
Any one of these is possible. If you don't have very long, trying to cram in too much might be counterproductive. If you're with their head of quant risk, this should be the final interview (right?) so I'd make sure your very well prepared with your core competencies I guess. They put you through this far for a reason, try and execute as best you can.

Maybe others can give better advice.

How long do you have?

Any one of these is possible. If you don't have very long, trying to cram in too much might be counterproductive. If you're with their head of quant risk, this should be the final interview (right?) so I'd make sure your very well prepared with your core competencies I guess. They put you through this far for a reason, try and execute as best you can.

Maybe others can give better advice.

Its on Thursday, I Think its 1 out of 2 Final interviews , I believe final is HR . Im not sure what you mean by core competencies, Do you mean my stats?
Thanks for the help :)

Back