• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

QuantDay 2007, 10/31

since it's on wednesday, i.e. many students have classes, what is the program's stance on events such as this - is it possible to work around to accommodate attendance (e.g. give out assignments but have no class on that day, etc), or should we come to class.

are these up to individual professors to decide, or is there some baruch-wide policy that governs this?

i guess, this applies to other events similar in nature to this one.

Hey Steve,

Hope that any back to school trauma has subsided and that all is well.

BTW, I'm still in shock and it's been over a year.:dance:

Anyways, do you have any idea what the cost of this is??

is it possible to work around to accommodate attendance (e.g. give out assignments but have no class on that day, etc), or should we come to class.

are these up to individual professors to decide, or is there some baruch-wide policy that governs this?
The answer to all of your questions is probably no. This being NYC, this kind of events are held weekly. Being a student in Baruch MFE program and taking courses at night, it means that most of the time, you will no be able to attend. I have never been able to attend any of the events that held after 6pm.

If you are PT student, you may be able to attend a couple. Take solace in the fact that you can always attend events later as long as you work in NYC. This is why NYC is such a big location advantage in professional development.

agreed, in this town there's always tomorrow ;]
from the few events i attended before starting the program, i can say i didn't see many students (unless they stylishly disguised themselves as yuppies)

Back