• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quantitative Methods

Hi,

I want to know learn and apply quantitative methods to my job, I am a good programmer and have good mathematical skills, with knowledge in machine learning and option pricing (slightly irrelevant).

So the question has two parts: (have equities and REITS in mind)
- What quantitative methods can I use in my research or in assisting my research?
- What tools/reports/ideas can I generate for my traders/sales people to increase activity and therefore commissions?

I just don't know where the end of the string is to pull at it, if you understand that? I have the necessary skills.
Lastly, I've been reading Carol Alexanders book on Risk etc...

>What tools/reports/ideas can I generate for my traders/sales people
Why don't you ask your traders/sales people?

I am too... + There are things that they probably don't know that exists.

I am too...
Still you should ask them (or shall we guess without any info?)

Tell us what they use, what they don't by find potentially useful and, last but not least, what and how they trade (I mean which asset classes and markets, long-term or short-term, and so on).
Then we will likely be able to advice you something.

Still you should ask them (or shall we guess without any info?)

Tell us what they use, what they don't by find potentially useful and, last but not least, what and how they trade (I mean which asset classes and markets, long-term or short-term, and so on).
Then we will likely be able to advice you something.
sell-side not buy side. REITS, any direction.

Well, on a sell-side your clients are likely suspicious and reluctant to buy.
You may do a great assistance to the sales stuff if you prepare some convincing statistics that the investors make a right decision, if buy. I am not an expert in real estate, so cannot say which (though I, for one, would likely show a trend, how the building prices and rents grow in given locations).

Anyway, have a look how I try to solve a similar problem (on the sell side :)) with my stock fund
https://www.quantnet.com/threads/you-need-a-proven-track-record-and-it-is-your-task-to-prove.25796/

Back