quantitative trading

• Thread starter Thread starter roni
  • Start date Start date

roni

Cornell FE
Is becoming a quant trader right after graduation impossible ? I looked at a few ads and most of them require experience of a few years.

What does a MFE holder do in such case ?

will the ideal thing to do in the short term be to get a job in S&T group or quant analysis in the trading group or maybe even a quant structuring position (I think some quant structures also trade, am I correct ?) ?

I'm still far away from making such a decision, but I'd like to have a clearer view of each job function for MFE holders.

basically, what's the common path for someone who wants to become quant trader ? :\

Thanks.

EDIT:

Also, I just noticed that you can be a quant analyst in S&T, do these guys trade or their job is to price financial instruments ?

It is not impossible to become a quant trader upon graduating from an MFE Program - and I know of Baruch MFE alumni who did that, but it is more likely to become a trader a few years after graduation. Also, it is not the most probable path, and it depends on other skills and personal traits that cannot be taught.

It is not impossible to become a quant trader upon graduating from an MFE Program - and I know of Baruch MFE alumni who did that, but it is more likely to become a trader a few years after graduation. Also, it is not the most probable path, and it depends on other skills and personal traits that cannot be taught.
Thank you for the response, prof. Stefanica.

I know it's not an easy goal to achieve and many MFE grads choose other paths.

However, if it is more likely to become a trader a few years after graduation, what job do graduates(who want to become quant traders) do right after graduation ?
Will quant analyst who work closely with traders be the best option ?

Best,

Roni.

Back
Top Bottom