• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quantnet migrated to new SERVER

At some point later today, we will be down for an hour or so to move to another server. The move should take 20-30 minutes but DNS propagation may take a while depends on your internet provider.

I'll try to give some advanced notice prior to taking this down and the IP address of our new server so you can get there sooner.

Watch this place.

Yes seems it takes less time to load the page and switch from Home to Forum and vise. I read your first post and was still waiting for some break while switching.

draft_lens4379592module30777442photo_1241422351Cool-Emotion...gif

Good to hear. Click on some articles on the front page and see how fast it loads.
We moved to a cloud server with much more beefed up specs and ready to expand for future growth.

Yes I checked and it is really faster Andy. Will be interesting to hear the opinions from other members also, but it's very noticeable on my computer.

Sure Rob
I'll make a detailed post down the road but here is the quick list.
We move to a cloud server on Rackspace running latest version of Ubuntu. We use separate servers for web and SQL.
The biggest change we made is to replace Apache with nginx. With a very aggressive caching scheme and using enterprise level CDN service, it shows. Compared to the previous server we used for the past few years, it's like moving to a posh mansion from a cramped railroad studio.
And it helps that Quantnet has very talented server admin people and developers working with a modern platform.

It's a great move. RackSpace is top notch.

In terms of speed, it's fast. All I can think of to make it even faster is checking the caching settings of the site.

For WP there are plugins for that, for XF no idea. Most likely you can just wait, as Kier has stated he wants XF 1.1 to be ready for the big boards. That's mostly about search result speed, but surely caching would be optimized too for that release.

Back