• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Question for those waitlisted by UCB MFE Program

UCB MFE Status

• Accepted after Interview

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Completed checklist items - interview completed - still waitlisted

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Completed checklist items - no interview yet - still waitlisted

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Not yet completed Checklist items - no interview yet - still waitlisted

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Declined waitlist - checklist items too many / got another program

• Rejected

• Not yet completed Checklist items- interview completed - still waitlisted

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Hey guys!

I wanted to know from those of you who have been waitlisted by UCB if you have heard back (accepted/rejected/still waitlisted) and whether you are working towards the checklist items.

I've created a poll just to understand what it looks like as i am waitlisted with one item left to complete but haven't heard back from them just yet.

Thank you!

Some people had completed it last year as part of their previous year application but I am yet to complete this part myself!

I think everyone has the same pre-program courses.

Pre-reqs I had Macroeconomics, advanced stats, PDE, python, ML, and a few others I don't remember right now. What did you have to complete?

For reference, there were about 40 waitlisted students based on the number of students who took a pre course in January 2023. All the seats were fully placed, so you can calculate the conversion rate!

Back