• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Questions about the Baruch MFE

I will not look up to CMU profile. I only look up to Baruch profile.

Well :) The reason I posted the link is not to show CMU profile but to answer your question
">> Can you show your data to support your claim? "
I thought about where do I get data on people heading various departments and their background. One place to find such data is a page listing people giving presentations at schools (most of them are heads of departments). And one school that came to mind was CMU, they post profiles of the speakers giving presentations. That page has nothing to do with CMU directly except for listing people who spoke there once or twice. But it has information on what backgrounds people have, so you can check for yourself that there are department heads with PhDs.

And again, I'm not claiming that ALL PhDs are doing better job than MBAs, I'm saying that SOME PhDs are doing better job than MBAs.

Agreed but you do not need a rich dad to get a top MBA if you are smart.
ops, almost forget that, MBAs are also producced to run this nation. Graduates can eventually hold the posts like U.S. President or U.S. Vice President. :)
But in order to be that kind of "top" MBA grad. u need to have a rich MBA dad first.
Haha, you are so wrong.
To be that kind of "successful" MBA grad. ==> become the U.S. President or Vice President, for sure you don't need a smart brain; if your IQ score is around room temperature then you are fine. But you definitely need an oil rich dad :)

Haaa

Aha, typical tech guy comment..."you are so wrong". EQ??

Please read your earlier comment. Top MBA vs Rich Dad MBA.
A rich dad MBA graduates from a top school does not mean they are smart, but I have to respect the US Top Business School selection process. Even they are not smart but they do have certain credentials. Not that stupid either. When you start making such comments and differential rich and the poor, in fact you make yourself inferior because you feel you are poor. Those rich kids are lucky, don't they. Please send you complaint to God. No ones can help. Similarly, you can't do it doesn't mean other can't do it. Study hard, work hard and make the right connection that is all we need. Like Quantnet, we stay close, keep it cool. One day, one of us can enrich the network and spread the benefits across. Networking!

Please check out Mr. Obama and Mr. Edward background. These are smart people without rich dad. They started low but fight their ways up there though they may not be the US President but they serve as a living example. What about the great Martin Luther King. Think!

You are talking about Bush....you hate him, don't you. Don't blame. We work hard if we do not have a rich dad. Rich definition does not mean you have a lot of money. I don't put money sign right on my mouth. We need money to survive but we work hard for it.

Relax, Luso. You make yourself rich, next time I call your son rich dad son.

Cheers,

Haha, you are so wrong.
To be that kind of "successful" MBA grad. ==> become the U.S. President or Vice President, for sure you don't need a smart brain; if your IQ score is around room temperature then you are fine. But you definitely need an oil rich dad :)

Back