• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Reading -Quant Developer and Research

Do you have any recommendations for journals or books to consistently subscribe to in order to stay ahead of the curve, given that I cannot post or be active on LinkedIn? Should I be attending conferences to improve my knowledge of finance topics? What did you do in your 20s that made you an excellent developer/researcher? After work, what else do you do to improve your coding and mathematical abilities?

-- S.A -- going into a full-time role next year.
- EECE/CS

Matt Levine's newsletter

Also 'The Diff' - Bryne Holbert (I think I got the name right).

Conferences are interesting only for the people you'll meet- could be worthwhile but I wouldn't focus on them too much if it involves travel and other hassle that would take too much time away from research. Find papers you think are interesting and try to read one a week- scan abstracts to filter and go to results. Read the full thing if both of these pass muster.

If you know Python and C++ well, then just start implementing things to get a better feel for them. That numerical example you just learned? Implement it. Go to codeforces or something if you're really at a loss for what to do with an evening. Also sleep, don't ignore that entirely.

Back