• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Recommendation Letter

When applying to a MFE program, is it any worth to have recommendation letters from current students in the program?

Cheers

It's better to have professors or people in the industry whom you have worked under write those letters, in my opinion. I would think an admissions officer would be more impressed with a letter from someone who have a professional or professor-student relationship with you than a letter from essentially, a friend.

Would avoid and only use it as last resort.

Always from professors or professionals... students don't weigh so much
Even though this guy has worked for 8 years (also CFA level 3) and got in the program "late" (he is 31 years old and was my boss for 2 years)

Even though this guy has worked for 8 years (also CFA level 3) and got in the program "late" (he is 31 years old and was my boss for 2 years)

Since you have a professional relationship with him, that's completely different

Recommendation from him would be ideal

Back