• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Requesting advice: Gatech CQF or Analysis

Hi my friends, I received two MS offers from Gatech at the same time: QCF and Analysis. I think QCF has better placement statistics, but I am afraid that quant industry is not so friendly for a finance majored(do not have any advanced mathematics and programming experience) student like me. Can you give me some advice on how to make a choice? Is there many quant or quant-related programs in Atlanta? Is there any quant-finance related job that do not require so advanced mathematics knowledge? And if possiblle, can past graduates from this program tell me how difficult is Gatech QCF's coursework in respect of mathematics and programming?

Thank you very much for reading and proving help!

Last edited:
Are you talking about the QCF & Analytics programs? I don't know what CQF and Analysis are. QCF is definitely programing & Mathematics intensive. However, I've heard from past students it leans more towards programming than the other programs do.

Are you talking about the QCF & Analytics programs? I don't know what CQF and Analysis are. QCF is definitely programing & Mathematics intensive. However, I've heard from past students it leans more towards programming than the other programs do.
Ah yes, it is QCF! Thank you for pointing out. Well, progamming sounds nice because I believe it is easier than stochastic calculus lol. Thank you for providing the information.

Ah yes, it is QCF! Thank you for pointing out. Well, progamming sounds nice because I believe it is easier than stochastic calculus lol. Thank you for providing the information.
They have a required stochastic processes course as well 😜

Back