• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Resume Review for MFE Applications for the 2024 cycle

Hi all, I plan on applying for MFE programs in the US this year (starting uni in 2024) and was working on building my applications. In the process, I was seeking for insights anyone might have on my resume, strictly from an admissions perspective (not from a job perspective). Can someone help review my resume and share any insights they may have on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Target schools: Princeton MFin, Stanford ICME, MIT MFin, UC Berkley MFE, CMU MSCF, Baruch MFE, Columbia MFE, NYU MFE, Columbia MFE, Cornell MFE, UCLA MFE, UChicago FinMath

Attachments

• CV Anon.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 518
That looks amazing, really solid. The only thing you left out that I thought was standard was a short list of relevant coursework. However, from the work experience and the stochastic analysis real-option's for infrastructure utilizing Monte Carlo methods, I gather you're doing alright in that department. Because you've graduated your work experience is definitely more important, which is probably why you left that out. Just an old-grad vs. fresh-grad difference.

I'm not sure I'd change anything, it's pretty well done.

That looks amazing, really solid. The only thing you left out that I thought was standard was a short list of relevant coursework. However, from the work experience and the stochastic analysis real-option's for infrastructure utilizing Monte Carlo methods, I gather you're doing alright in that department. Because you've graduated your work experience is definitely more important, which is probably why you left that out. Just an old-grad vs. fresh-grad difference.

I'm not sure I'd change anything, it's pretty well done.
Thanks for the inputs. And yes, the reason I haven’t mentioned ‘relevant courses’ is because it’s already pretty much reflected in my work ex, projects and other stuff and unis anyway request transcripts and essays so that is something that I tough I could talk about there.

Back