• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Retail Trader and track records

I am not sure whether this is the right section/forum. I apologise if it is not.
I am neither a quant nor a trader, but I am interested in finance.
My questions are:
1. What are the best stockbrokers where to open an account in UK?
2. How do you get a 'certified' track record of your trading? Do you automatically get one whatever the stockbroker is?

Thanks

2. How do you get a 'certified' track record of your trading? Do you automatically get one whatever the stockbroker is?
In a sense your trading history is your track record.
However, for this purpose using a retail broker is not optimal: if a broker is cheap it usually has very reduced functionality and i.a. even cannot plot historical growth of your portfolio.
For an effective demonstration of your track record you need something like wikifolio (have a look at mine: Somewhat better than DUCKS | wikifolio.com)
In particular, portfolio growth, trade history and comments are readily available.

P.S.
Before you get started with trading, I highly recommend you to read my book
Knowledge rather than Hope: a Book for Retail Investors and Mathematical Finance Students
If you read it carefully, you will avoid a lot of beginners' mistakes, in particular the trap of overbetting

I mean trading history. I was wondering if there is a "certified" document, where the trading history is reported, that a potential employer can look and trust.

Trading history is (or at least should be) available by every broker.
But many brokers just keep the list of your transactions.
And no potential employer will waste its time to compile and evaluate your trading statistics from this list. So you need something like wikifolio, where your trade history and performance are visualized in a readable way.

Back