• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

RSVP:Timothy Sykes - "An American Hedge Fund" Talk

Dear Students, Alumni and Faculty,

The Baruch's Financial Engineering MS Program is proud to present a talk from Mr. Timothy Sykes, author of "An American Hedge Fund" and former hedge fund manager of Cilantro Fund Partners LP.

Starting with $12,415 saved from bar mitzvah gifts, Mr. Sykes successfully amassed $900,000 from day trading during high school and college. Fueled by this success he started his own $3.2 million fund before graduating from Tulane University in May, 2003.

He has been featured in Trader Monthly's 2006 "Top 30 under 30" and his Cilantro Fund Management, LLC has been ranked the number one Ranked Short Bias Hedge Fund for 2003-2006 by Barclays. He has also been featured in the television documentary Wall Street Warriors, CNN, FOX News, Businessweek, CBS Marketwatch, Reuters, Institutional Investor, The New York Times, and Dealbreaker.com.

Location: 3-165 Vertical Campus building, at Lexington and 24th Street.
When: Friday, October 19, 2007 7pm-9pm

The talk will be for one hour. There will be a question and answer session following the talk.

Light refreshments will be served.

Hi,
it's very intresting!
I'd like to take part.
But I'm not a Baruch student. How can I get in the college? Thank you.

Tim mentioned that he will bring his books to the talk so interested members can get it on the spot with author's signatures as well. In case you haven't seen him, check out his Wall Street Warrior DVD. It's available in Baruch library media section.
Funny you mention this... I happened to bump into Mr. Sykes 2 days ago, about 2 blocks from my job... and mentioned that he should bring some books to the talk. I am interested in hearing what he has to say, from my few minutes of interacting with him.. he definitely made an impression. Very Energetic and takes a different approach to Finance (tries to make it fun..)

Back