• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Rutgers MSMF Rutgers Career Service

jac

Hello all,

Anyone can provide some comment on Rutgers MSMF's career service?

Thanks!

I mean the placement for internships and full time jobs

What career services?

We've got a dedicated career services staff for the program that bring in companies several times a month to present, recruit and for networking opportunities. The companies range the whole spectrum from BBs to small prop shops, with roles ranging from quant research to trading to technology. It is up to you to find the right opportunity and land it; they don't just hand out jobs/internships when you arrive. As for placement, all the stats are on our website, I believe.

Thanks a lot for the information provided, Andy and Joe! I think I have got an idea how that works. I am just wondering if anyone can provide more detailed stats of students' placements, such as employers' types and locations, first year guaranteed compensation?

Thanks again to you all!

Thanks a lot for the information provided, Andy and Joe! I think I have got an idea how that works. I am just wondering if anyone can provide more detailed stats of students' placements, such as employers' types and locations, first year guaranteed compensation?

Thanks again to you all!

Jac, our career services manager has the specific details of comps/locations/etc. I suggest you contact her cfv2@rci.rutgers.edu if you are looking for that because I don't have it.

Rutgers career services is nonexistent IIRC. I remember someone I knew let me log into the MSMF career portals and they had very few quant jobs, but a bunch of dreck like actuarial, and other second-rate nonsense.

Now it could have changed since I last looked, but when I did, it was complete crap.

Rutgers career services is nonexistent IIRC. I remember someone I knew let me log into the MSMF career portals and they had very few quant jobs, but a bunch of dreck like actuarial, and other second-rate nonsense.

Now it could have changed since I last looked, but when I did, it was complete crap.

IlyaKEightSix's comments are dated at best. It has completely changed. We have companies (finance and energy, not actuarial) coming in a couple times a month for presentations, recruiting events and just general networking. The job postings ranged from financial IT to quant analyst and everything in between. These events are also open to MSMF alumni to come to as well.

IlyaKEightSix's comments are dated at best. It has completely changed. We have companies (finance and energy, not actuarial) coming in a couple times a month for presentations, recruiting events and just general networking. The job postings ranged from financial IT to quant analyst and everything in between. These events are also open to MSMF alumni to come to as well.

It can very well be that way now. I know in 2009-2010, it was completely barren. If it's changed since then, so much the better.

Back