• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Self-learning project to learn more about the multi-curve framework

Hi friends,

I read that, the famous paper Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Multiple Interest Rate Curve Bootstrapping but Were Afraid to Ask by Ametrano and Bianchetti discusses is a nice way to know more about the multi-curve framework modelling. Apparently, I am also given to understand that Luigi and Goutham's book QuantLib using Python also tries to produce the results in the paper.

I am interested to know how discount factor curves are built from scratch in today's setting. I was wondering, if it might be a good idea for a self-learning(DIY) project to implement bootstrapping independently in C++(MS VS2019). My plan is to do a bare-bones implementation of all of the functionality needed, solvers, interpolator. I wouldn't like to use QL classes, but perhaps refer to them.

I have just begun reading Schreve's book and Stochastic Calculus basics, so I am not sure, if I'll follow the entire paper. I just plan to read it on the go. What are your views? Any tips and suggestions would be awesome.

Back