• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Should I retake math courses?

I have always been good at math, but wasn't seriously considering to major in math until junior year, and thus did badly in my lower divison math courses (got C+s in multivariable calculus and linear algebra). It was until upper div math courses when I became interested in math (I prefer doing proofs) and got A/A- in all my upper division math and statistics courses (abstract algebra, PDE, real and complex analysis, probability, numerical analysis). Does that make up for my poor grades in lower division or should I retake them while I'm still in college?

You should only retake them if it really helps your understanding. In math, it's generally assumed if you can do pde and analysis you have a good understanding of calc already. Im sure your interview knows that. good luck.

Back