• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

some questions about Kent state University and Temple University

hello everybody, I am new here, I am a Chinese undergraduate student , I want to apply MFE program in USA. My profile as follows:
NEW GRE: V146 Q 161
Toefl: 85
GPA: 83
I learned C++, matlab, Eviews,Excel and have two internships in futures firm, anounced a papper , I did a trading program about Cu futures in my college life, I did't learn many math ,what i learned is just some basic math,such calculus ,linearization, probability theory,statistics ,my major is Securities and Futures,
my questions:
Can I apply Baruch?is there any possibility that Baruch enrolled me?
Can I apply Kent?
Can I apply Temple?
How about kent and temple, can I find a job after my graduate?
because those schools are more cheaper than others,can anybody give me some advices?
Thank you very much. if some body could help me , I will be very grateful.

Can I apply Baruch?is there any possibility that Baruch enrolled me?
Can I apply Kent?
Can I apply Temple?
How about kent and temple, can I find a job after my graduate?
because those schools are more cheaper than others,can anybody give me some advices?
Thank you very much. if some body could help me , I will be very grateful.
first, do your own research on the job placement statistics and tuition fee.
second, you are free to apply any programs as long as you are willing to pay application $

first, do your own research on the job placement statistics and tuition fee.
second, you are free to apply any programs as long as you are willing to pay application $
first, thanks for your reply
second,sorry,I don't know your point.I also thought you misunderstand me.are you a Chinese,when our Chinese say "can I ",it means that is there any possibility, if you know some better schools, please tell me

can anybody give me some information about Kent State University and Temple University?

Did you find the information you need on the programs' websites? Did you email the faculty and staff there to get answers? Did you contact any current students and graduate there?
That would be your best source of information. I would advise you against applying to a program unless you have done all the thorough research and get all the doubt cleared up.
As you mention, there are close to 100 programs in the US alone and there is no good reason for you to apply to a program that everyone knows little about.

Did you find the information you need on the programs' websites? Did you email the faculty and staff there to get answers? Did you contact any current students and graduate there?
That would be your best source of information. I would advise you against applying to a program unless you have done all the thorough research and get all the doubt cleared up.
As you mention, there are close to 100 programs in the US alone and there is no good reason for you to apply to a program that everyone knows little about.
what you said is just what I can do.Thank you.

The Temple MSFE website has been recently updated. The MSFE program is undergoing changes (2012 onwards - More geared towards FRM).

What do you guys think of FRM exams? Does passing these exams will increase your chances of getting hired in entry level of risk management?

What are the most common misconceptions of people seeking this line of work?
  • MD 1: Soft skills are as important as hard skills. WE DON’T CARE IF YOU HAVE A PRM/FRM/CFA THOSE REPRESENT MEANS AND NOT ENDS.
    People think it’s the fast track to big bucks. It’s not. It’s the fast track to mediocre bucks combined with high stress and long hours. Do this if you find it inherently interesting. Otherwise you’ll be a miserable, overworked, geek bouncing from firm to firm chasing the money.
    http://www.quantnet.com/quant-job-advice-from-wall-street-executives/

Back