• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

specific career advice needed for a quant dev with a bachelors

Hello, presume im a quant dev (London) at a mid sized bank/trading firm making good money for my position. I just started this after graduating from my bachelors of computer science. In the future what would be the best masters for me to invest in? Ive seen the popular ones like MFE and Statistics but I just dont understand how this will increase my compensation or make me a more desirable candidate. Would I need to branch out of swe to make use of the masters? Would branching out require me to start as a junior in my new role rendering any YOE as a swe null?

My other question is if anyone here has any experience trying to land a sponsorship in the US. Im thinking of doing my masters in the United States because the US has aways been a dream for me. Ive seen the stories here about how people couldnt land internships or companies that would sponsor them. How many years then should I stay in my current job to gain enough expereince so that when I do my masters in the US im guaranteed a sponsorship? If I land a company thats willing to sponsor me but dont win the h1b1 lotto the first time around would they still be willing to hit the lottery for 2 more consecutive years?

Thanks in advance everyone, I really don't have anyone to talk to about my current predicament and this seemed to be the best place to ask. Outside of this place who do you recommend I ask?

Back