• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Speed up to access Quantnet.com overseas

Hi, some oversea network might prevent from accessing Quantnet.com, or slow down.
Here is my solution, I highly recommend : open chrome://net-internals/#hsts in Chrome. Under "Add HSTS/PKP domain" ->"Input a domain name to add it to the HSTS/PKP set:" ->"Domain:" and a box. In this case, we put "quantnet.com" in the box. And restart your Chrome.
Besides, there is another solution, which would prevent from creating thread, or other plug-in for typing on Quantnet: go to the folder"/etc/hosts ", add "209.222.101.10 dyylbw1p4yd4h.cloudfront.net" at the end of the "hosts".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, some oversea network might prevent from accessing Quantnet.com, or slow down.
Here is my solution, I highly recommend : open chrome://net-internals/#hsts in Chrome. Under "Add HSTS/PKP domain" ->"Input a domain name to add it to the HSTS/PKP set:" ->"Domain:" and a box. In this case, we put "quantnet.com" in the box. And restart your Chrome.
Besides, there is another solution, which would prevent from creating thread, or other plug-in for typing on Quantnet: go to the folder"/etc/hosts ", add "108.61.137.10 dyylbw1p4yd4h.cloudfront.net" at the end of the "hosts".
I'm glad that you resolved your issue and found something that works for you but I'm not entirely positive that we know the root cause of your issue.

I'm not sure what the issue is and when you experience this issue.
Adding the ip and hostname only helps when your computer and your ISP's DNS servers can't resolve the ip address of quantnet.com
In any case, try to remove that line from your host file, do a dns flush and restart your laptop.
You can open a terminal and try to do a "ping quantnet.com", if it resolves to that 209.222.101.10 address, then your computer can see the website.

If you must use the host file, then add
209.222.101.10 quantnet.com

dyylbw1p4yd4h.cloudfront.net is not our hostname, it's the CDN server that serves static files.

Back