• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Stanford ICME MCF Request for official transcript?

Hi,

I just received an email from the ICME office asking for my official transcript to be sent to their office. Did anyone else receive a similar email? I think I glossed over the fact that Stanford requires an official transcript to be sent to them before they make an admission decision (which is unusual as none of the other programs I applied to have this requirement).

Also, does this email mean they are possibly considering my candidature or is it a generic call for all application material?

Thanks

As far as I know, if you were applying MS&E, when you received request for official transcript it is probably means that you will got an admission. But I don't think it is the same case for ICME.

ICME do require official transcript to be sent immediately after you submitted your online application, you may check it through the website. I sent them in early Jan. As they started reviewing our application, I think they request it because they did not find yours.

Correct me if I were wrong.

Do we need to send official transcripts to ICME?? I think on the website they mentioned this is not required? Can anyone confirm this?

From the website "You are required to upload scanned copy of your official transcript (first preference; unofficial transcripts will work as a last resort) onto the online application for all institutions you have attended for at least a year as a full time student. ... Please DO NOT mail your unofficial or official transcripts to ICME." Should we order official transcript to be sent through the application portal?

Has the program sent out rejections today or something? Noticed a bunch of Stanford FinMath rejects in the tracker....

Does it imply that those who haven’t received a decision yet are more likely to be admitted than rejected?

no idea, I would check their official portal for your decision, I didn't get any emails regarding it

Thanks! They’ve just sent out an email notifying decisions released in portals.

Last edited:
no idea, I would check their official portal for your decision, I didn't get any emails regarding it
Did you get email regarding official transcript etc. as mentioned in the previous posts?

Back