• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Stochastic calculus resource

Good evening everyone,

I'm currently self-studying stochastic calculus using Shreve Vol 2. Has anyone here checked out the website ? If so, what did you think of it?

Do you think the lecture videos on that site are rigorous enough for what’s needed on the job, or would I need something more comprehensive?

For some background, the course creator completed his MSCF from CMU in the late 90s and has 15 years of experience in finance, including about 10 years at Lehman Brothers.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks!

The videos are excellent! I'd say they are plenty rigorous enough to get you started and get you to a solid intermediate level. You'll still need to do a lot of exercises to fully make the material part of your soul though. :D

Also you'll need to be able to implement all these ideas into code for financial models. Very exciting I hope you enjoy the journey!

Back