• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Strathclyde vs Stevens

I have three offers so far:

1. Stevens Institute of Technology - MFE - 25k scholarship
2. University of Strathclyde - MSc Quantitative Finance (Department of Maths & Stats, Scholarship decision pending)
3. University of Strathclyde - MSc Financial Technology (Business School; Scholarship decision pending)

I am aware none of these are good courses but I was wondering which is the best pick of the lot. Looking at some older threads, the consensus seems to be that Starthclyde is not worth it. However, I also read somewhere they listened to feedback and redid the FinTech program. Does anyone know if/to what extent that is true?

I am currently thinking of going with Stevens because it has at least some positive reviews on QuantNet and the post-degree salaries appear to be higher. Strathclyde seems to be more prestigious university so I thought I would ask for second opinions.

I went to Stevens for my undergrad in ECE, but I was able to take a few FE classes. The FE professors definitely make an effort to reach out, help your career, and assign projects that look good on your resume. They like to hire profs with wall street experience, not just academics. I was also pleasantly surprised with the finance students, they really make an effort to participate in class and make it a conversation instead of a monologue like most of my engineering classes.

I went to Stevens for my undergrad in ECE, but I was able to take a few FE classes. The FE professors definitely make an effort to reach out, help your career, and assign projects that look good on your resume. They like to hire profs with wall street experience, not just academics. I was also pleasantly surprised with the finance students, they really make an effort to participate in class and make it a conversation instead of a monologue like most of my engineering classes.
Yeah but what about the career opportunities? How is the program perceived by employers? I am Spanish this is an all-in bet for me. I cannot take the risk to enroll on a program with little to no opportunities out there

Yeah but what about the career opportunities? How is the program perceived by employers? I am Spanish this is an all-in bet for me. I cannot take the risk to enroll on a program with little to no opportunities out there
I don't know too many of the FE students, but there is a similar quantitative finance program for undergrads and although very few get quant jobs, they usually get high paying jobs in either traditional finance or fintech

I don't know too many of the FE students, but there is a similar quantitative finance program for undergrads and although very few get quant jobs, they usually get high paying jobs in either traditional finance or fintech
Based on your experience, would you recommend Stevens? I am currently working in Private Equity but I would like to move to Trading and live in the US, it's my dream

@
I have three offers so far:

1. Stevens Institute of Technology - MFE - 25k scholarship
2. University of Strathclyde - MSc Quantitative Finance (Department of Maths & Stats, Scholarship decision pending)
3. University of Strathclyde - MSc Financial Technology (Business School; Scholarship decision pending)

I am aware none of these are good courses but I was wondering which is the best pick of the lot. Looking at some older threads, the consensus seems to be that Starthclyde is not worth it. However, I also read somewhere they listened to feedback and redid the FinTech program. Does anyone know if/to what extent that is true?

I am currently thinking of going with Stevens because it has at least some positive reviews on QuantNet and the post-degree salaries appear to be higher. Strathclyde seems to be more prestigious university so I thought I would ask for second opinions.
Could you kindly share your profile?

Back