• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

subsidized loans in 2012?

I do not think it is possible for graduate students to get subsidized loans in the US anymore, though I could be wrong. I am assuming you are talking about Federal Loans (which used to be subsidized portion + unsubsidized portion and this year only unsubsidized portion). Although the school evaluates your FAFSA, the loans comes from the US Government so the school might not have a whole lot of power over when to disburse.

I've never had my loans disbursed this early, though maybe there is a way to get it done. Good luck.

Thanks Jose Thomas. Grad students get cutoff from subsidized federal loans on July 1 of this year. There also used to be a reduction in origination fees for people who re-pay on-time. That will also be eliminated for grad students on July 1.

While we may need to turn to private loans from banks charging exorbitant rates, it's ironic that some of us are aiming to get jobs from those same banks.

Back